Dates: 12 – 16 July 2021
Time: 14:00 – 17:00 hrs each day (UK time)
Delivery method: MS Teams
This course is presented by a world leading team of experts from Industry, who will be able to deliver the latest understanding on the subject and to respond to your queries.
During the week you will learn about:
- Recycling and quality issues when dealing with powders in the AM process;
- Potential for contamination and oxidation;
- Standards for AM powders
- Key Health and Safety considerations;
- Introduction to handling processes; understand the principles for reliable flow, powder properties and pneumatic conveying operation issues.
- Quality considerations, such as sampling, electrostatics, powder evolution and quality loss.
Sufficient time is provided to discuss operational issues with the presenters and other delegates.
Who should attend?
The course is aimed at anyone working in powder based additive manufacturing, particularly with metal or plastic powders.
The panel of experts includes:
Dipl.-Ing Claus Aumund-Kopp,Group Leader for AM at the Fraunhofer IFAM Institute in Bremen, has worked with metal powders for AM powder bed fusion and AM binder jetting approaches for over fifteen years.
Dr Neil Harrison, Materials Development Manager at Carpenter Additive, has over 5 years of academic and industrial experience in metal powder AM, including work on alloy design, powder behaviour and powder evolution.
Richard Farnish, Senior Consultant Engineer at the Wolfson Centre for Bulk Solids Handling Technology, University of Greenwich, has worked internationally on design and troubleshooting of bulk solids handling as a commercial consultant and research expert for over twenty years.
Registration is now open. Book your place here
Course fees are £775 per person, discounted for multiple registrations from the same company.
For enquiries please contact the Wolfson Centre email@example.com+44 20 8331 8646